Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Dreams Dreams Dreams

This is a little off-topic for photography but its something I wanted to share about.
After I made my mind to drop out of Med school and came out of Myanmar (Burma) sine '98, I finally made my name on the Big Screen on Fantastic Four : The Rise of the Silver Surfer as Layout Technical Director. I seen it yesterday at Camperdown cinema, Weta's very own cinema.
It's not the best movie and it's not the best role I had in there. But its not the point here.
I made what I set out to do. And its not easy for sure.
It's a mixed feeling though. I am not as happy as I imaging it then. Years of working in this industry made me a little jaded I guess. It took 9 years to make my dreams comes true. I have gone through many different jobs and almost lost my way. I had lost my health and a great deal of passion in the process. Became a cynic. Disappointed in myself for many things etc.
But I also gain some valuable experience and became a better person. I got married to a amazing wife and got a lot of good friends. I managed to shake off my notorious image and earn some respect. Gone are the good old days of alcohol and mischievous adventures in my medical school.

So it's a big adventure indeed. And it's not possible without the full support of my wife , my parents (esp my mom who supported my studies) and friends around me. And I'd like to express my gratitude to them. I am also thankful to who treated me badly as they became my driving force to prove them wrong.

So what next? This is the big question I still dont have the answer to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So passionate at writing also!!! ok,brother..carry on, thumbs up!