Saturday, August 4, 2007

EOS 40D pics leaked?


I found these bunch of photos on the net on the highly rumored Canon EOS 40D. The successor to my EOS 30D. There has been many rumors of this camera and I am sure its just a matter of time Canon make it an official release. Some leaked /speculated specs includes 10MP sensor, Anti-dust system and may be Live-view mode.
So far these specs didnt make me excited. I used to have EOS400D which has 10MP sensor and anti-dust feature. To me, the difference between 10MP and 8MP is pretty minor but for those who wanna crop or blow their photo very big may wanna go 10MP. So far, anti-dust feature is more of a gimmick and didnt seems to work very well. If canon made improvements from 400D , that'll be a welcome change though the effectiveness is yet to be seen.


I'd personally want to see weather seals in 40D if Canon wanna compete with Nikon D200 and upcoming D300? But most rumors doesn't seems to state that.


On this pic, the custom settings C1, C2 and C3 seems interesting configuration. It'll be a good feature but so far I can live without that. I guess professional photogs who shoots events, wedding or wild-life will be beneficial from those custom setting modes.

Many people asked me why I bought my 30D two months ago when 40D rumors are rampant?
I think firstly price. Current 30D prices are really sweet. Thanks to the 40D rumor. There's no way 40D will be so cheap when it launch. And second, I was trying to predict the 40D features ( like 10MP and anti-dust) and realized wont be much use for me. I rather save the $$ and spend it on the good lenses.

When I am in need to upgrade my 30D in future, I think I can grab a 2nd hand EOS 5D on the cheap. Cause there are many rumors about 5D markII coming out soon.

Well, so far 40D is still a rumor. Just have to wait and see what's the real deal when Canon officially announce it.

No comments: