Monday, July 23, 2007

Wellington Waterfront

The weather is pleasant this weekend .. So I grab my camera and head off to the city.
I went to wellington market to have some brunch. Its a place like singapore food court or kopitiams .. There are Singapore food , chinese food , indian food, mexican food and even bubble tea is available. I had a duck noodle.. then head to waterfront to take some photos..

There are many people at the wharf as it is a fine day.. First , I slap my Sigma 10-20mm to get some ultra wide angle shots. I wanted to capture the people in motion there. To give a glimpse of life. Not to capture the landscape. Here are those photos.. some of them I just snap while holding my camera at my chest level without looking through the finder to capture the low angle also not to intimidate the people.





After that I saw a couple taking wedding photos .. The photographer was using a SB800 on a light stand with lumi quest bouncer to capture the couple.



By now , I have already switched to my 50mm f1.4 prime to get more tighter and better depth of field pictures. Here's one I took with that.


Then I saw the kids on bike doing stunts. They were usually there most of the weekend. I snap some photos of them but not entirely satisfied. I was thinking if I should talk to them to get better pics. That way, I can probably setup my strobe and shoot some creative angles. But I didn't. I am not the most charming kinda guy anyway. :) I think to be a professional photographer , it's very important to be good with people. All of the professional photographers I know are like that.






As I didn't really wanna go very close and was not really happy with the framing I am getting with my 50mm lens, I switch to my Tamron 70-300mm. Then I shot this. After that, the weather was about to rain so I went back to my car.


I was not entirely happy with the shots. But all of them are candids. Did I manage to capture the life of wellington? You'd be the judge. :)
But I'll keep trying to improve.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this photography site and its awesome. Have a look..
Weekends over.. I'm out. Time to hit the sack.. Cheers..

No comments: