Monday, July 14, 2008

wedding shoot


wedding, originally uploaded by Maung Maung aka Mexx.


Me and my wife went to shoot this wedding last weekend..
Lots of work.. but its generally very rewarding to see the photos afterwards..
I used 3 cameras.. and learned a few lessons from this shoot..
I bought a new EOS 5D (Full Frame) a few days before this shoot. Usually I shoot RAW exclusively.. but the higher resolution of 5D makes 2 of my 2GB CF holds only 100+ frames each.. and during the event, I switched to JPEG on my 5D. Even though I was shooting JPEG , the picture quality and noise level from 5D is amazingly good.

The other 2 camera were on JPEG and on slightly different color stlye setting as well as in camera clock. The result is it takes more time for me to do the grading to match the colors.. and I cant really sort the pictures by date/time anymore. Next time, I will sync all the camera clocks at one-go commando style. :)

And I didnt know the wedding venue has indoor restaurant. As I already sold my strobes and didnt rent one, I had to shoot a lot of pics with ISO1600 and sometime 3200. As the restaurants has very harsh spotlights, I had to boosted the fill light in Lightroom afterwards.. making the noise very visible and ugly.. then.. Noise Ninja came to save the day..

Thanks to my lovely wife and all the people who helped me out and esp Thi Ha and Ma Wai for trusting me to do the photoshoot on their special day.



wedding

wedding

wedding

wedding

wedding

No comments: