Sunday, October 28, 2007

Paulina's Wedding

My first wedding shoot.. I knew the bride's friend so I decided to help .. for free .. :)
Another guy, Nay Lin is also assisting me on the shoot.

I brought all the lens but mostly used Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 EX lens and Canon EF 100mm f/2 lens. I also have 580ex II on my camera but I barely use it as I cant bounce of the ceiling and I hate direct flash shots.

I learn a few things on the shoot.. Shooting with assistant is very handy. especially if you don't have multiple camera body. I can switch to prime lens for nice portraits and he can still shoot normal group shots ..also without missing the important events.

I chose to shoot some shots with RAW and some in jpegs as I am afraid I will run out of memory card. I ran into trouble when I grade the photos as color profile and dynamic range are so different between RAW and Jpegs.. so most of my grading presets wont work and I had to create a few from scratch again. So.. I wont shoot another wedding with jpeg.

Also, vertical grip could be handy too.. I realized that after I mounted my 580ex II flash on my EOS 30D, it's difficult to shoot in portrait mode..

And shooting wide open for portrait is beautiful but it's pretty hard to get both bride and groom in focus around 100mm f/2 or 50mm f/1.8 .. Also the chance to get OOF ( out-of-focus ) shot are higher at wide open.




1 comment:

SuN said...

beautiful and Dreamy!!..
I love it :)
cheers