Friday, August 10, 2007

Quiet

I haven't shot much interesting photos lately. Could be that its harder to find new subject? Could be the shitty week I am having at work? Could be that I am just running out of passion? I dont know.
On the other hand, my flicker gallery has now more than 4,000 views.. also my blog is slowly gaining momentum.. I feel bad that I haven't post a photo or blog post in a few days.. So today I try to find something to shoot.

Here it is.. not a very interesting subject.. A product shoot of my phone .. I was just trying to replicate some of the lighting concepts I learn and used in computer graphics. Using white cards and black cards.

It was shot on a black cloth draped over my chair. The white reflection is the A4 paper I held in my hand above the phone. It was lit by Canon 430ex speedlite firing into it.
Lighting info, Canon 580ex II on camera right 1' above the subject shooting into an A4 envelope on the left. and 430ex further away from camera right shooting in the A4 paper held above by my hand. lighting ratio 2:1 ( 580ex : 430ex) triggered by ST-E2.
my phone was a litle dusty so i did some dust busting in Photoshop afterwards.

This is another closeup shot of my laptop logo in the similar setup.. I was thinking of shooting the whole laptop but the chair was not big enough and I was lazy to move the whole setup to my table. May be tomorrow.

No comments: